BeCA has received the following information from Stockland to be made available to all residents via the website:
“Stockland is aware of community concern regarding dust from the Bells Reach Development site which is impacting some Bellvista residents.
Extended dry weather conditions on the Sunshine Coast has exacerbated dust levels. However, Stockland has made it a priority to minimise and control dust at Bells Reach.
Dust suppression methods to manage and reduce the creation of dust from our operations include:
• Using water trucks (with recycled water) across the site on a daily basis – eg. two water carts onsite as well as a water truck and smaller onsite cart along Bellvista Boulevard
• Topsoil management to ensure its removal only when sufficient moisture exists to reduce dust generation
• Ceasing any digging operations during extreme weather conditions
• Rehabilitating and stabilising land as soon as possible to reduce exposed areas
• Conducting regular dust monitoring
• Educating contractors and builders to operate in a manner which reduces dust.
The dirt road currently being used by builders is also likely to be decommissioned within the next few weeks which will further reduce dust levels.”