As a former TV character once said, “Missed by that much Chief!” The continuous rain has put a stop to roadworks on Bellvista Blvd. We only needed another 12 hours of dry weather and the vast amount of the asphalting would have been completed.
Now some areas of the road have been left open to the wet weather and the resultant potholes making travel along Bellvista Blvd slow and dangerous.
Stockland will be delivering a notice to every household in the estate setting out a revised timeline for roadworks to occur.
Some of that notice appears below:
The road works are almost complete. Below is an outline of the likely timings on when the work will be undertaken (weather permitting):
• Wednesday 22nd February: New road surface was partially laid (halted due to bad weather). Traffic control will remain in place until next week.
• Thursday 23rd February: Laying of temporary road surface to minimise potential for potholes due to current weather conditions. From 7pm – 2am proposed night works to modify the traffic island at Bellvista Boulevard / Caloundra Road.
• Friday 24th February: From 7pm – 2am proposed nightworks to modify the traffic island at Bellvista Boulevard / Caloundra Road.
• Saturday 25th February: Continuation of Bellvista Boulevard / Bellcarra Place roadabout works including laying of final road seal (weather permitting).
• Week of 27th February: Finalise construction of Bellvista Boulevard / Bellcarra Place roundabout; median works at the top of Bellvista Boulevard and new line markings. Once this work has been undertaken, the designated slip lane onto Caloundra Road will be operational.
To minimise delays, Stockland is not undertaking any road works during the periods when parents are picking up and dropping off students at Unity College (between 8am and 9am in the morning and 2pm and 3.15pm in the afternoon).
To ensure the safety of the community, traffic control will remain in place when any works are undertaken.
It is anticipated that construction works will be completed by the end of February 2012.
We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding about these changes.