Nominations for the BeCA Management Committee are due to close at 4pm on Monday July 18th which is 14 days before the date set for the Annual General Meeting (August 1st). Nomination to the BeCA Management Committee is open to all BeCA members.
Nominations should be in writing and in the hands of the Secretary by the due date (4pm, Monday July 18th). You can find the secretary’s contact details by clicking HERE.
You can download a 2011/2012 BeCA Management Committee Nomination Form HERE. Click on the photo left for a larger view.
Nomination forms should be completed by members of the Bellvista Community Association. Membership of BeCA is free and is open to all Bellvista residents, landowners or owners of a business which operates out of the estate. You can quickly and easily become a BeCA member by completing the online form HERE.
According to the BeCA Constitution (click HERE or see below) a separate nomination form should be completed for each class of position nominated for.
“Electing the Management Committee”
(1) A member of the management committee may only be elected as follows –
(a) any 2 members of the association may nominate another member (the candidate) to serve as a member of the management committee;
(b) the nomination must be –
(i) in writing; and
(ii) signed by the candidate and the members who nominated him or her; and
(iii) given to the secretary at least 14 days before the annual general meeting at which the election is to be held;
(c) each member of the association present and eligible to vote at the annual general meeting may vote for 1 candidate for each vacant position on the management committee;
(d) if, at the start of the meeting, there are not enough candidates nominated, nominations may be taken from the floor of the meeting.
(2) A person may be a candidate only if the person –
(a) is an adult; and
(b) is not ineligible to be elected as a member under section 61A of the Act.
(3) A list of the candidates names in alphabetical order, with the names of the members who nominated each candidate, must be posted in a conspicuous place in the office or usual place of meeting of the association for at least 7 days immediately preceding the annual general meeting.
(4) If required by the management committee, balloting lists must be prepared containing the names of the candidates in alphabetical order.
(5) The management committee must ensure that, before a candidate is elected as a member of the management committee, the candidate is advised –
(a) whether or not the association has public liability insurance; and
(b) if the association has public liability insurance – the amount of the insurance.